Make Your Account
Signup for associated jobs and profession advice from Uncubed, delivered straight to your inbox. You’ll unsubscribe whenever you want.
Sr. Item, Regulatory & Business Counsel
LendUp, Oakland, CA (temporarily remote)
Our mission is always to offer you aren’t a way to better monetary wellness.
LendUp is a technology that is financial situated in Oakland centered on transforming the subprime credit and financing room. We’re a Y-Combinator alum w12 that is(YC backed by prominent investors such as for instance Bing Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Kapor Capital. Our item has been found in 7 states and we’ve seen press that is great into the Wall Street Journal, Financial days, CNN, NBC, TechCrunch, Venturebeat, Inc, Wired, Bloomberg, Fortune, and Dow Jones, and others.
Exactly just just What we’re doing:
At LendUp our company is on a objective to give you you aren’t a path to raised health that is financial. Thousands of people don’t have admission to quality credit. Their choices are frequently unfair and limited, plus it’s simple to be caught in a financial obligation period. Here is the very first problem LendUp attempted to re solve, through the use of our blended expertise in computer computer software, information science, credit, and training, to your provided passion for monetary health insurance and dignity.
Our core item, the LendUp Ladder, is an alternate to payday advances that transforms a trap into a chance to borrow at reduced rates and build credit. And each we see our customers succeed day. We’re building additional lending options that can help us further speed up our objective of supplying you aren’t a course to higher monetary wellness.
The Sr. Product, Regulatory and Corporate Counsel is going to be accountable for doing work in close partnership with specific sections and get a get a cross practical groups to give appropriate and regulatory guidance as LendUp develops, implements and updates its services and products.
- Advise company lovers who will be taking care of brand new and existing services and products from item development through launch, including compliance advising with regards to such services and products
- Offer timely, succinct and business-focused legal counsel on federal and state customer banking and financing rules, including Regulation E, TILA and Regulation Z, MLA, ECOA, FCRA and UDAAP, and banking laws like BSA/AML, and information privacy and security rules.
- Advise the LendUp item group on item advertising, adverts and disclosures.
- Offer regulatory advice to LendUp’s commercial and federal government relations counsel to aid with negotiating commercial and bank agreements, and help legislative and policy issues.
- Offer advice that is regulatory support to LendUp’s conformity group.
- Make use of banking institutions in developing cardholder agreements, disclosures as well as other item security
- Instruct and handle outside counsel, because necessary
- Manage LendUp’s state financing licensing demands, including getting and keeping licenses
- Construction and draft loan agreements for LendUp products
- Manage litigation and work things, and any matter impacting an ongoing company, as required to offer the company
- A high-caliber that is proven experienced, solution-oriented and proactive lawyer with expertise in the financing area
- Deep experience analyzing and advising on an array of problems linked to the monetary solutions industry, with certain expertise on customer banking that is digital individuals in different re re payments systems, including issuer processors and system supervisors, sub-prime and installment loans, such as the guidelines, regulations pertaining to banking institutions and state certified
- Deep knowledge of Regulation E, Regulation Z, BSA/AML, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, MLA and state laws and regulations associated with lending
- Capability to balance working separately with little to no direction and working closely and collaboratively within a little legal team
- Capacity to interface effortlessly along with known amounts of the corporation (professional management, HR, company divisions, etc. ) and also to gain the trust and confidence of other people
- An enthusiastic feeling of ownership, and extremely adaptable up to an environment that is fast-changing
- A business that is solid with practical risk understanding
Education and Experience
- JD and 8+ years of expertise, including practicing in-house at a fast paced FinTech startup company ( or perhaps in an comparable environment) for at the least https://speedyloan.net/payday-loans-md 36 months, with significant give attention to customer lending
- Preferred candidate may have experience involved in the re payments area, straight with regulators representing licensed businesses, and negotiating and drafting complex services contracts that are financial
- Successful solution oriented and creative problem solver
- Power to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with effective quality of conflicting priorities
- Exemplary written and oral interaction abilities and capability to work in both groups and separately
- Admitted to your CA a situation club or authorized in-house counsel with hawaii Bar of Ca
- Love of life
LendUp has everything you’d anticipate from a company that is mission-driven like an aggressive income; very very early phase equity; 100% business paid medical, dental and eyesight insurance coverage; ample vacation/sick leave policy; 401(k).
But right here’s everything we really like about LendUp Life:
- We’re invested in a diverse and inclusive tradition that spurs innovation and produces a significant and impactful work place
- Certainly one of our values is “different backgrounds, same objective. ” We’re passionate about diverse applicants and possess slack networks devoted to sets from mu
LendUp can be an opportunity that is equal
We stretch equal job opportunities to qualified candidates and workers on a basis that is equal of a person’s age, battle, color, intercourse, faith, nationwide beginning, impairment, intimate orientation, sex identification or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, hereditary disposition, or other explanation protected for legal reasons.